Hot Topics

-Skate states Thursday. Bus leaves 8am for Mt Top.

No Bus this Week. ACTR now runs Thursday-Sunday for those interested in continuing skiing, catch a ride at the town green. States team will carpool to practice.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bread Loaf Race

Well, a quick note from race central before I finish packing up and stop to eat some lunch, if I'm lucky I'll have something in my stomach before 3pm.


We had a superb race here today. The conditions were absolutely beautiful. Sunny and warm, but not melty. The crew here at Bread Loaf put on a phenomenal event, and I was lucky to have so much help on my first race. I must admit I was a little nervous going into the morning but everything ended up going smoothly.

As far as the race, the snow was pretty abrasive and we lost a little wax. I tried a little klister change right at the end and it held through the abrasive downhill. Our girls finished 3rd and our guys skied to 2nd in the team results which was exciting. I'll post results sometime this evening or tomorrow.

For now its back to clean up and then on to the Ski Team Gala this evening.

A big Thank You to all of the parents today. There was a great turnout and a lot of help which made things so much easier. Thank you again to the Bread Loaf staff who will be putting on a Bill Koch event tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment