Hot Topics

-Skate states Thursday. Bus leaves 8am for Mt Top.

No Bus this Week. ACTR now runs Thursday-Sunday for those interested in continuing skiing, catch a ride at the town green. States team will carpool to practice.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Reflections from Saturday

Nathalie Ingersoll- My first varsity race. It was much better than I thought it would be.I think I got about 63 out of 80 so I feel pretty good about it!

Adam- I felt pretty good. Had an awesome wipeout.

Olivia- was in the last race, so the track was awful, had a bunch of people wipe out, including me, but, it was a great race!
Nice job today racers!
-olivia h.
Good race, got poled in the foot.. Yay- Devon z

It was pretty fun and the snow was fast. The tracks weren't really good but there wasn't too much uphill so it was okay.
-mac

My skis were slipping a bit up the hills, but I mostly made it up on the downhills. The tracks were nonexistent in some places,but it was still a really fun race, and I made up a bunch of time and almost caught the girl in front of me at the end which was exciting. Overall a good race.
Emma

Haley-so I am overall satisfied with how it went except for the fact that I felt awful...like actually. But yeah wooooooo Nordic!! Our team did pretty well considering we were missing Lydia and Britta. The hills were stellar and having to do two laps was therefore not that an issue.

Stephen
Overall the race went well, especially on the flats where I could double pole. I think that working on doubling poling in practice yesterday really helped as well. However the hardest part of the race was switching from the long . stretches of double poling to the hills where I had to stride. But all in all the race felt good.

I slipped up the last two hills but overall I did well. it was a time and a half...next time let's not leave at 7 -george

No comments:

Post a Comment