Hot Topics

-Skate states Thursday. Bus leaves 8am for Mt Top.

No Bus this Week. ACTR now runs Thursday-Sunday for those interested in continuing skiing, catch a ride at the town green. States team will carpool to practice.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Haley's Friday Practice


I've been hoping to get some athlete input on the blog this year, and I am happy to share with you the first of these from Haley Olson:

Yesterday was the team's first day on skis.  Though the snow was light enough that we were essentially skiing on grass, the fluff was wonderful.  While Britta helped me with my double pole the rest of the team skied around the school, reacclimating themselves to the feel of skis.  We proceeded to the legion fields and played on the hills for at least 45 minutes.  We were led by one captain (britta) in doing what she calls "chinese downhills" and then we watched her fail at tele skiing (multiple times).  After being pushed down the hill multiple times by the other captain (will), the other will, and mac, I stationed myself safely at the bottom.  Overall, I can file away this practice away under the label: successful team bonding (and of course, good practice). 

No comments:

Post a Comment