Hot Topics

-Skate states Thursday. Bus leaves 8am for Mt Top.

No Bus this Week. ACTR now runs Thursday-Sunday for those interested in continuing skiing, catch a ride at the town green. States team will carpool to practice.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Wish I had some Pictures

So I took my camera with me to the race on Sunday, but as Britta came through the first turn and I clicked the shutter, nothing happened. Bad memory card. So this is a bummer, and hopefully I can get that figured out so that we can have some colors up on the blog here. Until then, let me help you all imagine what things looked like during the race. White moving sideways.

We were pretty much at snow-line as we discovered after leaving the race, a few hundred feet down the road from Bolton Valley Resort, conditions turned to heavy rain. So while spectating was fun, I can only imagine how much fun it was to race. Britta and I skied the course to check it out and it wasn't easy. Two 4k laps, the first 1k straight uphill, some hairpin turns, a nice open straightaway to channel the wind and little visibility.

It was good to get out there and tough it out. Good to get a little feel for racing early in the season. And as a bonus, I brushed up on my civil war history with a fun game pitting Will and Britta's intellects on the car ride up and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment