Hot Topics

-Skate states Thursday. Bus leaves 8am for Mt Top.

No Bus this Week. ACTR now runs Thursday-Sunday for those interested in continuing skiing, catch a ride at the town green. States team will carpool to practice.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Classic race

a cold day at the races with only some of the team. after a slip in the woods determination forced me to lunge across the line beating my teammate by inches. the failure of Haley's video skills was made up for the support of our coaches and teammates.
-george
Sooooo fun race, nice snow, first time I haven't been tripped by an MMU girl, feeling that threshold of pain as Tony says. Will describes it as complete agony. Good times

My last race of junior year, I thought it went pretty well. The second lap was far more brutal than the first, but still the hills felt okay and the flats went quick. A good race to end on.
-Will Conlon

My back hurt, and the course was brutal, but my skis were fast and the snow was finally good. Three out of five stars.
-Kelsey McGlashan


While in the grips of mono I learned about the beautiful technique of Anders waxing skills. Yet today seemed to be lacking a little. all the skiers skis he waxed always seemed to be returned to him requesting a little dab under the toe. Of course matts waxing was right on track.

my skis were waxed to perfection with great kick up all of the hills. except for the one Micah saw me slip on. Overall a great race.
Lydia and Micah

I underestimated the amount of recovery and should have treated the second lap as more of a sprint. The snow was awesome, however my kick zone felt like it was collecting snow and I had to run up some of the hills.I think the race cleared my sinuses. The group of cheering girls on one of the corners could probably see.
~Addison


It was the least lazy day as a manager ever. I also said "hup hup hup" for the first time in my life. A truly historical day. - Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment